Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Garage sale!!!

My sister Rachel came to visit this weekend and helped us out with our big pre-move garage sale.  It was alot of work, but still fun and nice to let go of some things we don't need anymore. After the big sale on Saturday, we all got to go to the ShowBoat Drive-in to watch a movie.  It was really a neat experience.  We're all glad Rachel got to come!


This was the moving sign-up box.  Rachel created sign-up sheets for several big items that we'll be selling like the tahoe, maxima, frigs, washer/dryer and furniture.

Lots of people signed up!  Our old Maxima was the overwhelming crowd fav!  People were trying to offer $ down payment to jump to the top of the list!!! This nice lady is #2 on the Tahoe list.  :)Parker was wheeling and dealing...dropping prices like a yard sale diva.  I think he was reenacting episodes of Clean House.  He sold stuff I didn't even want to sell!!!Glenn was a bit lonely over in the harley section of the sale.  He had a couple visitors but mainly just for conversation.  At least it kept him away from the other stuff...he was yard sale diva #2...I heard a couple customers tell him they would have paid the original price...he dropped it before they even asked!!!  He loves to get rid of stuff.  :) 
Here's Rachel posing with another nice lady we met named Lupe (aka #2 on freezer list).  As you can see from the empty driveway thingswere starting to wind down...even I started dropping prices!

We had an awesome yard sale!  Love the look on Parker face! 

Parker and Rachel at ShowBoat Drive-in

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

I love this blog. That is too funny Parker was a garage sale diva!!haha I love it. I was dissapointed we were out of town for the big sale. Do you guys still have the Harley? My husband made me ask. Hope to see you soon.