Friday, July 31, 2009

Weekend in Rome

Glenn and I took a weekend trip to Rome 2 weeks ago – sans kids! We had a nice time and took advantage of our childless status to embark on a whirlwind tour of the city. Though I have to admit that I caught myself wondering when nap time was! We visited the Vatican museums and saw the Sistine Chapel, we went on a walking tour of central Rome and got to see examples of historical architecture and government buildings as well as several famous sites including the Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon, Navona Square (Square of the Artists), and Roman Forum, we also went to St. Peter’s Basilica at the Vatican, St. Paul’s and the Colosseum. We ate several of our meals outdoors at sidewalk cafes and tried the famous Rome ice cream. It was so interesting to see first-hand places and art that we’ve only known before from books and movies.

Parker and Lindsey stayed home with Ms. Andrea and had a fun, adventure-filled weekend as well. They spent the whole day on Saturday visiting a special park with unique animals and then Sunday they went to a circus performance. With such fun activities, I don't think they missed us too much!

Glenn and Mary Glenn in front of St. Peter's at the Vatican


BubbleShare: Share photos - Play some Online Games.

No comments: